Download the full media release from Empire Energy Group here.
• New EP187 2D seismic processing and interpretation confirms that Empire holds a material Beetaloo SubBasin acreage position within its 100% owned and operated tenement
• Large EP187 area identified containing thick continuous Velkerri and Kyalla Shales, clearly undisturbed by faulting and adjoining EP161 where Santos’ Tanumbirini-1 is flowing gas after recent fracture stimulation
• Empire’s EP187 Velkerri and Kyalla Shales exist at shallower depths than adjoining blocks while maintaining equivalent thickness offering reduced drilling and development costs and increasing the potential for the presence of both gas and liquid hydrocarbons
• Kyalla Shale identified at greater depth and thickness than previously anticipated thereby opening up a new secondary exploration target in EP1871
• Well location de-risked ahead of drilling scheduled for mid-2020